What's Going On?

Tuesday, March 18, 2014

B was lost...now is found!

This is Kiera's "B," he is her most favorite stuffed animal for going on 2 years nows and she carries him everywhere.  Needless to say he has lost some of his fluff over the years!  Kiera lost him one week and it was absolutely the saddest thing you have ever witnessed.  She would wimper in her sleep for him and look for him most of the day.  Ben and I searched everywhere in our house, outside, our cars, Grandma's house, and even Uncle Tommy's since she had been there the day before it went missing. NO luck, no one found it and so for about a week she had to sleep with another bear.  Through the years we have collected several other polar bears and even a little black bear, but none have taken the place of her B.

I just felt so sad for her and it was her first real loss.  I was sad for all the memories we had associated with it.  Yes, I will probably be one of those parents who save their children's beloved toys, who doesn't!?  I was sad we did not get to save this childhood friend of Kiera's.  
I thought this would be a good lesson in prayer...so one night Kiera and I said a prayer that we could find B and know where to look.  She said "Jesus help find B, he will fix it."  Love the faith of this little girl!  Nothing happened that night, but in the morning I had the distinct feeling to look under Ben and I's bed, not sure why as the kids never play under there.  But I did just that and low and behold, guess who we found?

As you can tell from these pics, she was thrilled to have him back.  We said a prayer of thanks and she was so happy!  Ever since she has not let him out of her site and pretty much carries him everywhere--even worse than before. :)


No comments:

Post a Comment