What's Going On?

Monday, January 20, 2014

Hurricane--Tornado!

In late fall, we had a hurricane/tornado/I am not sure what it was at our house.  It all started when Jade and I were driving home from SLC.  We had been at an outing for my work and as we got closer to Orem, we say what looked like a funnel cloud over Utah Lake.  It was so weird...  We watched it rise closer to the mountains and with it the whole sky was turning black as night.  As we neared our house and got closer to the mountain, the wind was horrendous.  Just about a block away from our house, a steel trailer, not attached to the back of a truck, came blowing across the road right in front of my car.  I was lucky to dodge it at the last second!  We pulled into our driveway just in time to see giant branches from our tree blow across the road. As we ran inside to grab the camera...I saw our fence start to wobble...

And sure enough, it blew right over, snapped 3 posts that were cemented 3 feet in the ground!  It was crazy as we watched Ben try to hold them up.  It was the weirdest storm I have ever witnessed.  It felt like being in a tornado, so eery!



The next day, the damage around our neighborhood was crazy...broken fences and tree limbs strewn everywhere. 

No comments:

Post a Comment