What's Going On?

Monday, July 2, 2012

The Big 3-0!

The age I wish I was....Ben only bought a pack with 24 candles in it...so I guess I cannot be much older than that!!! Wahoo!!!


My actual age...where does the time go??
Well it's official, I have finally turned the big 3-0 today! I am still pretty much in denial about it and not quite sure how I feel saying the word "thirty." When I was growing up, 30 always seemed so old and now that I have been alive for 3 decades, I don't feel that I should be as old as I thought 30 was back then! Oh well, the day is here and as much as I have dreaded it, my family has made it a great day! Ben made me French Toast and real bacon (we usually try to be good eat turkey bacon, but today was a special occasion!), and he got up early with the girls so I could try and sleep in. I think my mommy mind is too trained though and I could not sleep once I knew the girls were up, but it was just nice to lay in bed and do nothing! Then, because it was Sunday, we went to church and Ben handled Kiera for most of the meetings so I could enjoy myself. After church we had a quick lunch and I enjoyed some alone time, and maybe a little nap (which is rare so it felt great!) When I woke up, Ben was already making my birthday dinner! And might I say it was delicious...he made my favorite, steak, but not just any steak, he had found some filet mignon at the store the night before and surprised me with it! It was the most tender, delicious steak I had ever ever eaten! After dinner, the girls and Ben sang to me and we enjoyed a piece of Snickers cake, it was amazing and Kiera rather enjoyed herself!  She did better with it then she did at her birthday, I guess she has had some practice since then!





I also felt like a celebrity today, because my phone did not stop ringing with calls and texts.  It was nice to get so many well wishes. It seems like ever since I had kids, I don't talk as much on the phone as I used to...go figure!
Anyway, it turned out to be a great day, and that is what it is, just a day to celebrate life right!  Age is relative! I was reminded of one of my favorite quotes today from one of my favorite Apostles, Elder Joseph B. Wirthlin said: "Come what may and love it!"  Life keeps going and things happen that are out of our control, but the only thing we can control is how we react to the situations before us.

I also received the best birthday gift today--little Kiera finally decided to take her first steps all by herself today!! We have been working with her for a few weeks now and she finally let go of our hands today!  What a great gift!! Enjoy the video of our little toddler....ah...2 walking kiddos...life just got even more interesting!





 



No comments:

Post a Comment