What's Going On?

Wednesday, May 4, 2011

How to distract a toddler....

Lately at our house Jade has been trying to be too helpful with the baby and she is now acting out at me and not obeying as well as she used to. I know this is all due to the new baby and me having to spend so much time with her. I hope it is a quick phase as we are trying to give Jade as much one on one time as we can. Right now she is getting most of that time from Daddy, thank goodness he is so helpful! In this post I just wanted to show some of the ways to distract a toddler from mauling her baby sister...

1. Play hide and seek through the windows!

2. Give her lots of healthy snacks!! Just look at that face!

3. While heating up the pizza for dinner, let her play in the box and eat the leftover cheese! I actually did not plan this one. I had just put the pizza in the oven, left the room for a second to check on the baby and this is what I came back to! She can now reach the kitchen counters and almost everything on the table.


4. Let her eat the candy from her Easter eggs and then close them all up again. She loved to reopen them again and again and again.


5. Have Daddy build her a lego throne. This was the chair he built for her one day. She loved it, but unfortunately it was not very sturdy. But hey it worked for a minute!




No comments:

Post a Comment