What's Going On?

Sunday, December 23, 2012

Kiera's Ouchy!

It was a nice Sunday morning and I had just made a pot of cream of wheat. Kids were playing nicely in their room so I set the bowls to cool on the table.  The next thing I know I hear Kiera screaming.  I turn around to see her quickly pulling her hand out of the boiling hot bowl of cream of wheat.  I was sick!  I washed it off in cold water as quickly as I could but she still got some 1st & 2nd degree burns with blisters.  She is a tough little girl, so to hear her sob pretty much all day because it hurt so bad just broke my heart.  The Dr. said there was nothing they could do for her so we wrapped it up with some burn cream and kept soaking it in cool water all day.  Luckily it was mostly gone two days later.  I am just glad her hands were not damaged.  I will not be putting cream of wheat or any hot food on the table anymore!



No comments:

Post a Comment