What's Going On?

Sunday, September 25, 2011

Happiness is...

Here are a few random pictures of what has been happening at our house lately. The girls are growing so fast I can hardly keep up with them. After watching General Conference last weekend, there was one quote by Elder Scott that really stuck with me and has made me change my focus as a Mom.

"Children are not something you have if you have time for them, having children is what God gave you time for."

I was a bit teary when I heard this quote as my life has been full of many changes this past little while and I feel super overwhelmed with all that I have to do each day with the girls and work. I am trying to remember this quote each day as start out and it has brought much more happiness to my life. I love these 2 little girls and can't even imagine my life without them!

Here is our little 6 month old!! Can you even believe that she is 1/2 year old already!!


Jade has a new ritual of putting Woody in Kiera's highchair every time she has to eat. She has a snapping problem! Meaning she goes around snapping anything and everything with a snap or buckle! It was cute at first, but now is starting to get annoying...he he!!


The other day, this is how I found Jade, face pressed down in the book, sound asleep!! It sure made me smile real big! She has to go to bed with a pile of books to read to her dolls. This is what happens when you are too tired to finish your book!!


Our little librarian. Kiera has recently discovered how to turn the pages in books and loves to look at all the brightly colored pages. She has to be just like her sister!


Jade bowling with her new life size bowling pins and ball! It is just hilarious to watch her throw that ball, because she does not even aim for the pins, but instead just throws the ball in any direction, and then she tackles the pins with her body!


One of Ben's friends from UNT gave the girls this bib. He thought he would let them both try it out! Go UNT (we are kind of alumi I guess as that is where Ben got his Master's degree)!

Love, love, love this stunned look on her face!! Looks like she is saying "You caught me and yes Daddy made me wear this gigantic bib!"


Jade loves to fix things and help do chores around the house. As long as we make it fun, we can usually get her do almost anything, from laundry to mopping! Here she is fixing her Elmo doll!


1 comment:

  1. Kiera has grown up so fast!! Akoy likes to buckle everything up. It has gotten annoying to unbuckle the babies carseat just to put her in it. Oh well. The have good fine motor skills right?! :)

    ReplyDelete