What's Going On?

Sunday, August 7, 2011

Our Little Genius

Jade is growing up faster and faster these days. She will be 2 in a week and it is amazing to me to see how much she has physically grown and mentally progressed just in one short year. I was looking at pictures of her when she turned one and I can hardly remember those days.

The other day I was going through some old teacher stuff and I handed Jade a bag of foam shapes I thought she would have fun with. I just thought she would have fun putting them together like a puzzle or stacking them or something, but when I walked out to the living room, this is what I found...


We have a certifiable genius living in our home! She had sorted all the shapes by size. I don't know if that is a 2 year old task but I was pretty impressed, it was a proud Mom moment! Next I guess we will work on sorting by color! Ha Ha!


She was also pretty impressed by these leaves she found in the yard. Every day whenever we go outside she always make it into the house with a leaf, twig, rock or some other fun treasure. The other day it was a worm, she thought it was so funny that she had picked it up and it was wriggling in her hand! I did my best not to freak out and gently told her that worms belong in the dirt as we put it back into the hole she dug it out from! Yikes!

One of Jade's favorite games right now is Peek-a-boo. She will take every opportunity she gets to play it. Here we are at dinner one night and POOF! Jade disappeared!


And then again we were in the office and just like magic Jade appeared from behind the curtain! I am absolutely in love with that smile!

No comments:

Post a Comment